What day is it?
The problem with working regular more than anything is that the days seem to pass by like mileposts on the highway when you’re doing 80. Today is Good Friday and Sunday is Easter! While the holiday moved up on the calendar for this year, it’s also just about April! How did that happen so fast!?
Well, I am fairly happy because it means the winter is over and the warmer weather is on the way. This bodes well as I can’t wait to get back out on the road again and run around a little bit more on my Vespa! I certainly want to start taking some longer road trips.
Work proceeds apace... that means I have given myself over to something of a routine and while there are days I still feel like I would rather stay home and putter, I manage to soldier through. I’m coming to realize a big part of that has to do quite a bit with my own attitude. That may strike many as one of those D’uh! moments but, there is a lot to be said for it and it sounds infinitely easier than one would imagine.
I was reading a column the other day that summed it up all quite well, much better than I might in my limited scope:
“All that we are is the result of what we have thought.” - Buddha
Simplicity? Easy to execute? Maybe you think so but, if anything you couldn’t be further from the truth.
Anyway, since it’s a quiet day at work, I think I will be happy and idle away the day anticipating leaving at a reasonable hour and enjoying the sun!
No comments:
Post a Comment